By using Groups, you can compile Products and Assets for specific purposes, such as package offers or deliveries.
In this context, you can also use Groups to grant Users privileged access to a Product or Asset they normally would not be able to access.For example, let’s say there is an exclusive new full-length screener which you’d like to make available to certain key buyers only. After uploading the screener as a Private or Company asset, you can create a Group including all your key buyers’ User accounts, and then add the screener to the Group with a higher Group-specific access level of Viewable. In consequence, the screener will still be unavailable to buyers in general while the key buyer Group will be able to screen it.
Furthermore, you can use the Group Recommendation function to send someone a preview or download link for all Products and Assets in a Group, the former option also comprising any streaming videos you’d like to include.
Finally, Groups also serve other purposes such as defining titles for slideshows in your client site or selections of content for sync with our iPad application.
Primary group types
Navigate to Groups in order to find the Group types available on your platform. Depending on your platform and user account, you will find some or all of the following:
- General: General-purpose groups to be used for most of your purposes, including providing privileged access to certain items for certain clients.
- Contacts: Contact lists that may be useful e.g. to address Recommendations to an entire set of users in one go. Only permits Users – no other objects can be added.
- Recommendations: These groups are automatically compiled whenever you send a Recommendation and define the associated access rights. These do not usually need to be reviewed or edited manually.
- Mobile App Sync: Lets you compile content for sync with the iPad application. Will only appear if your user account is enabled for app use.
- Special Purpose: These groups relate to content management and typically define products shown in slideshows in your client site or contacts shown on your contact page. Individual group titles should self-evidently indicate their purpose.
- Additional group types may be shown but will not necessarily be relevant to your implementation of the MediaStore platform. Please contact us in case of questions.